Select a degree program on the left to view the course requirements for each.
- Course Descriptions (via the UCSB General Catalog)
- Admission Requirements
- Course Prerequisites:
- Example Schedule
- Current Course Schedule
- CS Course Wait List Policy and Process
Getting Started: Lower Division Requirements for Different Degree Programs
The lower division Computer Science course requirements, by degree program, are as follows.
- Computer Science (BS Program): CS16*, CS24, CS32, CS40, CS48, CS56, CS64
- Computer Science (BA Program): CS16*, CS24, CS32, CS40
- Computer Engineering: CS16*, CS24, CS32, CS40
- Electrical Engineering: CS16, CS24
- Other departments: For students without any programming experience, we recommend CS8 as an introduction to Computer Science; for students with some programming experience, we recommend CS16
- * For students with little to no programming experience, we recommend taking CS8 prior to CS16.