Network QoS & Transport Protocols
- B. Braden, et. al., "Recommendations on Queue Management and Congestion Avoidance in the Internet", Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) Request for Comments (RFC) 2309, April 1998.
- S. Floyd and V. Jacobson, "Random Early Detection Gateways for Congestion Avoidance", IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 1, num. 4, pp. 397-413, August 1993.
- Y. Zhang and L. Qiu, "Understanding the End-to-End Performance Impact of RED in a Heterogeneous Environment", Cornell University Technical Report #2000-1802, July 2000.
- B. Carpenter and K. Nichols, "Differentiated Services in the Internet", Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 90, num. 9, pp. 1479-1494, September 2002.
- G. Bell, "Failure to Thrive: QoS and the Culture of Operational Networking", Proceedings of the ACM Sigcomm Workshop on Revisiting IP QoS, Karlsruhe, Germany, pp. 115-120, August 2003.
- L. Brakmo and L. Peterson, "TCP Vegas: End to End Congestion Avoidance on a Global Internet", IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 13, num. 8, pp 1465-1480, October 1995.
- K. Fall and S. Floyd, "Simulation-based Comparisons of Tahoe, Reno, and SACK TCP", ACM Computer Communication Review, vol. 26, num. 3, pp. 5-21, July 1996. (duplicate--already included on Reading List #2)
- A. Medina, M. Allman and S. Flloyd, "Measuring the Evolution of Transport Protocols in the Internet", ACM Computer Communications Review, vol. 35, num. 2, pp. 37-52, April 2005.
- D. Katabi, M. Handley and C. Rohrs, "Internet Congestion Control for Future High Bandwidth-Delay Product Environments", Proceedings of ACM Sigcomm, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA, pp. 89-102, August 2002.
- R. Rejaie, M. Handley and D. Estrin, "RAP: An End-to-End Rate-Based Congestion Control Mechanism for Realtime Streams in the Internet", Proceedings of IEEE Infocom, New York, New York, USA, pp. 1337-1345, March 1999.
by Kevin Almeroth