Relevant Introductory MBone Papers
- S. Casner, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) on the Multicast
Backbone (MBone). University of Southern California Information
Sciences Institute (USC/ISI), December 1994.
Available from ftp://ftp.isi.edu/mbone/faq.txt
- S. Casner and S. Deering, ``First IETF Internet Audiocast,''
ACM Computer Communication Review, pp. 92-97, July 1992. Handed
out in class.
- Y. Dalal and R. Metcalfe, ``Reverse path forwarding of broadcast packets,''
Communications of the ACM, pp. 1040--1048, December 1978. Handed
out in class.
- S. Deering and D. Cheriton, ``Multicast routing in datagram internetworks
and extended LANs,'' ACM Transactions on Computer Systems,
pp. 85--111, May 1990.
- H. Schulzrinne, S. Casner, R. Frederick, and V. Jacobson, ``RTP: A
Transport Protocol for Real-Time Applications,'' Internet Engineering Task
Force (IETF) Request for Comments (RFC) 1889, January 1996. Available from
- S. Deering, ``Host Extensions for IP Multicasting'', Internet
Engineering Task Force (IETF) Request for Comments (RFC) 1112, August
1989. Available from ftp://ds.internic.net/rfc/rfc1112.txt.
- T. Maufer and C. Semeria, ``Introduction to Multicast Routing,''
Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) Internet Draft
draft-ietf-mboned-intro-multicast-*.txt, pp. 1-60, July 1997.
Latest version available from
- M. Handley, ``SDR: Session Directory Tool,'' University
College London (UCL), November 1995. Available from
- V. Jacobson and S. McCanne, VAT: Visual Audio Tool.
Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory (LBL), February 1992.
Available from ftp://ee.lbl.gov/conferencing/vat/.
S. McCanne and V. Jacobson, VIC: Video Conference Tool.
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBL), November 1994.
Available from ftp://ee.lbl.gov/conferencing/vic/.
V. Jacobson and S. McCanne, WB: Whiteboard Tool.
Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory (LBL), July 1994.
Available from ftp://ee.lbl.gov/conferencing/wb/.