Events, News, Interesting Links!
- UCSB's News Site
- Stratos Dimopoulos passes his MAE with flying colors! Congrats Stratos!
- CS290B: Open Research Questions: Cloud Computing
Chandra directs the
Lab for Research on Adaptive Compilation Environments (RACELab) and leads the research effort on the AppScale Cloud Platform[*].
Chandra's Research Interests
Improving the performance of programs for a wide range of systems (from resource-constrained devices to clusters of workstations to hybrid cloud systems) via adaptive compiler, runtime, and OS techniques that are guided by dynamically changing program behavior and resource availability.
Specific topics and recent representative papers:
Platform-level Cloud Computing
[IEEEIC13] [HotCloud12] [WEBAPPS12] [AEROSPACE12] [IEEECLOUD11] [SCIENCECLOUD11] [CLOUDCOMP10] [HotCloud10] [CLOUD10]
Adaptive JVM, Garbage Collection, and
[OOPSLA10] [ASPLOS09] [PPPJ09] [PLDI08] [ECOOP08] [ASPLOS08]
- A full list of our papers can be found here.
Recent Teaching and Service
- Advisory board member for the Anita Borg Institute
- Associate Editor IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing (TCC)
- Program Co-Chair for the 2012 Grace Hopper Conference Panels, Workshops, and Presentations.
- Technical program committee member: ..., ScienceCloud12, VEE12, ISMM12XRC, ReSoLVE12, OOPSLA12, SC12, CWIC-SoCAL12, SOCC12, VMIL12
- Distinguished Review Board Member for 2012 ACM TACO HiPEAC.
Key Awards and Recognition
Receiving BECA Award from Kathleen Fisher at PLDI08