Events, News, Interesting Links!
- Aug 2016: Congrats To Alex Pucher for successfully defending his PhD Thesis!
- June 2016: Senior Sendoff! Congratulations to the amazing graduates of 2016!
- July 2016: IEE has a new website! Check it out!
- Chandra co-directs the Lab for Research on Adaptive Computing Environments (RACELab) and research efforts on SmartFarm, VIGILANCE, and EAGER with Prof. Rich Wolski. Previous research and technology transfer: AppScale[*]
- SmartFarm in the news! NPR, UCSB Sustainability, Wine/Tech/Food, TEDxFargo, MISE, UCSB'15
- UCSB Computer Science Ranked 1st in PayScale’s 2015-16 College Salary Report (more details)
- UCSB Ranked 8th by US News
- UCSB CS Ranked in Top 10 by National Research Council
- A Drone's Eye View of UCSB
Chandra's Research InterestsAreas: Programming systems, cloud computing and services, and the Internet of Things (IoT)
Specifics: Improving the performance, energy efficiency, and behavior of programs for a wide range of systems (from resource-constrained devices to clusters of workstations to hybrid cloud systems) via adaptive compiler, runtime, and OS techniques that are guided by dynamically changing program behavior and resource availability.Current projects and related publications:
- SmartFarm: Private and Secure, Cloud-based IoT System for Simplifying and Automating Agriculture Analytics [DSFEW16] (Overview/PDF)
- VIGILANCE: Verified InvestiGatIve Lifestyle ANalysis and Coordination Environment (Overview/PDF)
- EAGER: Enforced API GovernancE for REST [SOCC15] [CloudCom15] [FOP15a] [IEEE SCC14] [FOP14]
- CloudRunner and StochSS: Cloud App Deployment Simplified for Computationally Intensive Programs [IEEE/ACM HPCS14] [GECON14]
Cloud Infrastructures, Platforms, and Services Technologies
[GCA15] [IC2E15] [FOP15b] [AppScale] [IEEEIC13] [HotCloud12] [WEBAPPS12] [IEEECLOUD11] [CLOUDCOMP10] [HotCloud10]
- A full list of our papers can be found here.
Recent Teaching and Service
- CS263 Runtime Systems (W16)
- INT 94RY Freshman Seminar on Sustainability and Food Production (W16)
- CS189A: Computer Science Undergraduate Capstone (F15)
- UCSB Computer Science Vice Chair of the Undergraduate Program
- UCSB Computer Science Committees: Chair - Undergraduate Curriculum Committee, Member - Undergraduate Affairs, Strategic Planning, and Computer Engineering Program
- General Chair for the 2016 ACM Conference on Programming Language Design and Implementation (PLDI) in beautiful Santa Barbara, CA!
- Advisory board member for the Huawei Distributed Computing Lab
- Associate Editor IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing (TCC)
- Associate Editor EAI Transactions on Cloud Systems
- Distinguished Review Board Member, ACM Transactions on Architecture and Code Optimization (TACO) June 2014 - May 2015
Recent Awards and Recognition