Events, News, Interesting Links!
- Apps for Ag Hack-a-Thon Feb 20-22. Sign up today!
- Capstone CS189A web site posted and 2015 projects announced!!
- A Drone's Eye View of UCSB
- UCSB's News Site
- Chandra directs the Lab for Research on Adaptive Computing Environments (RACELab) and leads the research effort on the AppScale Cloud Platform[*].
Chandra's Research Interests
Improving the performance of programs for a wide range of systems (from resource-constrained devices to clusters of workstations to hybrid cloud systems) via adaptive compiler, runtime, and OS techniques that are guided by dynamically changing program behavior and resource availability.Recent projects and related publications:
- VIGILANCE: Verified InvestiGatIve Lifestyle ANalysis and Coordination Environment (Overview/PDF)
- SmartFarm: Private and Local Cloud-based Sensor System for Simplifying and Automating Agriculture Analytics (Overview/PDF)
- EAGER: Enforced API GovernancE for REST [IEEE SCC14] [IC2E FutureOfPaaS14]
- CloudRunner and StochSS: Cloud App Deployment Simplified for Computationally Intensive Programs [IEEE/ACM HPCS14]
Platform-level Cloud Computing and Services
[IEEEIC13] [HotCloud12] [WEBAPPS12] [IEEECLOUD11] [CLOUDCOMP10] [HotCloud10]
- A full list of our papers can be found here.
Recent Teaching and Service
- CS263 Runtime Systems (F14)
- CS189A: Computer Science Undergraduate Capstone (W15)
- UCSB Computer Science Vice Chair of the Undergraduate Program
- UCSB Computer Science Committees: Chair - Undergraduate Curriculum Committee, Member - Undergraduate Affairs, Strategic Planning, and Computer Engineering Program
- UCSB Graduate Council
- General Chair for the 2016 ACM Conference on Programming Language Design and Implementation (PLDI) in beautiful Santa Barbara, CA!
- Advisory board member for the Huawei Distributed Computing Lab
- Associate Editor IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing (TCC)
- Associate Editor EAI Transactions on Cloud Systems
- Distinguished Review Board Member, ACM Transactions on Architecture and Code Optimization (TACO) June 2014 - May 2015
Key Awards and Recognition
Receiving BECA Award from Kathleen Fisher at PLDI08