Smartphones are becoming hugely popular. Driving interests in smartphones not only push for new exciting applications, but open up a new set of challenges on sensing, connectivity, location, energy, privacy and security issues in mobile computing.
In this advanced graduate class, we will be discussing recent developments in smartphone-based mobile systems and applications. In addition to reading and presenting recent technical papers, students will do a team project on the topics of smartphones.
- Haven taken at least one programming language class;
- Experience in doing software projects of reasonable size/complexity;
- Haven taken basic networking classes
Sample Publications from Previous Quarters
- I am the Antenna: Accurate Outdoor AP location using Smartphones, Zengbin Zhang et al. MobiCom’12
- Privacy, Availability and Economics in the Polaris Mobile Social Networks, Christo Wilson et al. HotMobile’11