I am a PhD student at the University of California, Santa Barbara. I am currently working in the Computer Security Lab. My interests include computer security and privacy, safe programming practices, and deliciously low-level binary shenanigans.
Past and present projects
- I've spent three months as a research intern at
the Computer Security Lab
at the University of California, Santa Barbara. We coded a very nice
tool, but unfortunately we can't release it... stay tuned for updates.
- I was a proud member of the pESApod
team, competing in the European Space
Agency Lunar Challenge.
- I developed MeanEditor, a visual editor for MediaWiki,
the software which powers the Great Wikipedia,
together with my fellow Alessandro.
- For my undergrad thesis I worked on Neural Networks and Conditional Fuzzy
Clustering at the Information
Engineering department of the University of Pisa.
- For my master thesis I worked on the detection of some common computer scams. This concluded my studies as a Computer Engineer at the University of
- While in Pisa I had a full scholarship at Sant'Anna School
of Advanced Studies as an Allievo
Ordinario (se ti stai chiedendo cosa significhi dai un occhiata al
forum e al sito della
- I used to maintain quite a popular extension to integrate GMail in Google Chrome; it has now been purchased and is being developed by a commercial developer.
- Web site (and advanced services) design and maintenance for various
entities. See the Lider-Lab
website and juridical
database for an example, made together with my fellows Andrea
Azzini, Marco Bonizzato and Massimo Grava.
- There were a lot of servers and PCs at Sant'Anna School. We
ran a lot of services on them and I administered many of those (like the public web server allievi.sssup.it).
- An old assignment for the basic web design exam: a
Branch-and-bound solver for the knapsack problem.
- And then the usual, tasting good stuff, biking around, trying to get rich in impossible ways, reading weird stuff, endlessly attempting to become a good cook, and so on.
You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or at email@example.com.
c/o Department of Computer Science
University of California, Santa Barbara
93106-5110 Santa Barbara, CA - USA