Any student who wishes to TA in the Computer Science department must sign up and attend CMPSC 501 in the fall quarter. CMPSC 501 is a seminar taught by the department's lead TA which will provide you with the necessary training to become an awesome TA, or so we hope :)
Our first class will he held on October 3rd Please remember to bring in one tip or trick you learned from the school-wide ta orientation.
Things to do before your first section
- Find your discussion section room assignment.
- Physically locate the room.
- Check to see if there is a projector. If not, and you would like one, contact Greta and hopefully that can be accommodated.
- Get the necessary keys for the room. Note that you may need two keys if there is a projector.
- Prepare for your section! A few tips:
- Introduce yourself
- Get to know the students
- Be confident, you're awesome.