maha at cs dot ucsb dot edu
PhD candidate in the Computer Science Department at the University of California, Santa Barbara . Interested in Similarity search and Duplicate detection algorithms, parallelism, and performance optimizations techniques. Currently using the distributed framework, Hadoop for my work. Working with Dr.Yang and I joined the CSE lab (HFH 5110) in Fall 2010.
Earned CS Bachelor degree from Kuwait University in 2005. Recieved masters degree from Yale University in 2008.
Most recently, a member in the committee of the second international conference on Building and Exploring Web based environments(WEB) to be held in France 2014.
- Distributed Processing using MapReduce.
- Search Algorithms including Similarity Search, K-Nearest Neighbor and Duplicate Detections.
- Parallel Performance Analysis and Monitoring.
- "Load Balancing for Partition-based Similarity Search" X. Tang, M. Alabduljalil, T. Yang. To appear in SIGIR2014.
- "Cache-Conscious Performance Optimization for Similarity Search" M. Alabduljalil, X. Tang, T. Yang. SIGIR2013.
- "Optimizing Parallel Algorithms for All Pairs Similarity Search", M.Alabduljalil, X.Tang, T.Yang.WSDM2013
- "Clustering and Load Balancing Optimization for Redundant Content Removal", S.Zhu, A.Potapova, M.Alabduljalil, X.Liu, T.Yang.WWW2012.
- "Introducing Affect into Competitive Game Play", M. Alabduljalil,S. Xu, W.Miranker.IEEE2008.
209: Logic and Applications in Computer Science.
220: Theory of Computation and Complexity
230: Design and Analysis of Algorithms
240: Applied Parallel Computing.
263: Modern Programming Languages and Their Implementation
270: Advanced Operating Systems
272: Software Engineering
273: Data and Knowledge Bases
274: Advanced Topics in Database Systems
290N: Web Search and Data Mining
- CMPSC 8. Introduction to Computer Science - TA.
- CMPSC 16. Problem Solving with Computers I - TA.
- CMPSC 170. Operating Systems - TA.
- Cross Partition All Pairs Similarity Search package.
- K-Nearest Neighbor Search package as an extended version over the algorithm described in this paper.
- Contributed in the review process of a book titled: Hadoop in Practice .