CS8 Homework, 10F
P. Conrad, UCSB Dept. of Computer Science
Return to CS8 home
- H00: (due Tue Lecture 09.28) Miller/Ranum Ch1 (thru p. 17)
- H01: (due Thu Lecture 09.30) Miller/Ranum Ch1 (thru p. 28)
- H02: (due Fri Lab 10.01) Rest of Miller/Ranum Ch1 (thru p. 42).
- H03: (due Tue Lecture 10.05) Miller/Ranum 2.1-2.5 (thru p. 45-61).
- H04: (due Thu Lecture 10.07) Miller/Ranum 2.6-2.7 (thru p. 62-80).
- H05: (due Tue Lecture 10.19) Miller/Ranum 3.2 (only pp. 83-93).
- H06: (due Thu Lecture 10.21) Miller/Ranum 3.4-3.6 (thru p. 93-108).
- H07: (due Fri Lab 10.22) Miller/Ranum 3.4-3.6 (thru p. 93-108).
- H08: (due Tue Lecture 10.26) Miller/Ranum 4.1-4.3 (pp. 117-128).
- H09: (due Thu Lecture 10.28) Miller/Ranum 4.4 (pp. 129-131).
- H10: (due Tue Lecture 11.02) Miller/Ranum, first part of 5.2 (pp. 155-160).
- H11: (due Fri Lab 11.12) Miller/Ranum, next part of 5.2 (pp. 159-163), output files, string formatting.
- H12: (due Tue Lecture 11.16) Miller/Ranum, 5.2.4 (pp. 163-165), file reading methods, more string formatting (review of 5.2.3)
- H13: (due Thu Lecture 11.18) Miller/Ranum, 5.2.5 (pp. 166-171), not and DeMorgan's Law
- H14: (due Tue Lecture 11.23) Miller/Ranum, 4.5.3 (pp. 135-139), Python Dictionaries
- H15: (due Tue Lecture 11.30) Basics of Recursive Functions on Lists
These are general policies regarding homework. For specific assignments, there may be other policies that take precedence. Unless otherwise instructed by the instructor or a TA:
- Homework assignments must be turned in on paper, in person during the lecture or lab session in which they are due.
- Electronic submission (e.g. email), is not accepted for homeworks.
- Sliding a paper under the door or leaving it in a faculty or TA mailbox is not permitted.
- If a homework assignment is due, it is due even if the instructor or TA doesn 't call for papers to be handed in. In that case, it is your responsibility to hand your assignment directly to the instructor and/or one of the course TAs.
- Usually, you may make up exactly one homework assignment without penalty—unless that assignment is one that indicates you may not make it up.
- This MUST be done in person, during the instructor 's office hours, or at an appointment. If it is done at an appointment, you must request the appointment by email within 48 hours of the scheduled class in which the assignment was due.
- When this happens, the fact that you did this will be recorded on Gauchospace.
- You only get to do this once per quarter. After that, missed homeworks can only be made up by earning extra credit points.
- You may not turn in a homework assignment to the instructor or to a TA during a class other than the one in which it was due.
- Example: You may not hand in H02 along with your H03 paper on the day that H03 is due.
- Any such papers may be discarded by the instructor or TA without being graded.
- Any exception to the above policies—for example if you have an "special understanding" with the instructor or TA about some discussion about an unavoidable personal circumstance—MUST be documented by an email trail, or such understanding will be considered null and void.