Message for Prospective Students
I am unable to respond to individual inquiries about joining my research
group, but I am looking to recruit at least one new Ph.D. student.
If you are interested, please read the following before contacting me:
With those caveats out of the way, what kind of a student am I looking for?
- For general information about the department and admission
requirements, it is best to contact the department admissions office,
- All application material should be submitted through official
channels to the department, not me.
- Send me mail to let me know about your interest in joining my group,
so I can evaluate your application.
- Please do not contact me about the status of your application.
- Students in my group tend to have solid background in algorithms
and computer science theory.
- Students who like the challenge of inventing new and clever algorithms,
are comfortable with tools of discrete mathematics (combinatorics,
graph theory, probability) and excel at problem-solving are especially
- Please browse through some of the recent papers from my group to
get a sense of my research.