Events, News, Interesting Links!
- RACELab in the news: From Data to Tomato in UCSB Current.
- Hiranya Jayathilaka's paper Response Time Service Level Agreements for Cloud-hosted Web Applications is accepted to ACM SOCC 2015!
- The PLDI 2016 web page goes LIVE!
- Mengyuan Gu, Kyle Jorgensen, Dani Kudrow, and Dev Nath all defend their MS projects with flying colors. Congrats and we wish you (as well as Ryan Halbrook and Arnold Villatoro) the best of luck in your future endeavors!
- Kyle and Nevena win first place at the Apps-for-Ag Hackathon for SWARM app! Here is the NPR feature
- Chandra co-directs the Lab for Research on Adaptive Computing Environments (RACELab) and research efforts on SmartFarm, VIGILANCE, and EAGER.
- AppScale in the News!
- Why UCSB CS is a GREAT place for you to pursue a GREAT career:
Chandra's Research InterestsAreas: Programming systems, cloud computing and services, and the Internet of Things (IoT)
Specifics: Improving the performance, energy efficiency, and behavior of programs for a wide range of systems (from resource-constrained devices to clusters of workstations to hybrid cloud systems) via adaptive compiler, runtime, and OS techniques that are guided by dynamically changing program behavior and resource availability.Current projects and related publications:
- SmartFarm: Private and Local Cloud-based Sensor System for Simplifying and Automating Agriculture Analytics (Overview/PDF)
- VIGILANCE: Verified InvestiGatIve Lifestyle ANalysis and Coordination Environment (Overview/PDF)
- EAGER: Enforced API GovernancE for REST [FOP15a] [IEEE SCC14] [FOP14]
- CloudRunner and StochSS: Cloud App Deployment Simplified for Computationally Intensive Programs [IEEE/ACM HPCS14] [GECON14]
Cloud Infrastructures, Platforms, and Services Technologies
[IC2E15] [FOP15b] (AppScale[*]) [IEEEIC13] [HotCloud12] [WEBAPPS12] [IEEECLOUD11] [CLOUDCOMP10] [HotCloud10]
- A full list of our papers can be found here.
Recent Teaching and Service
- CS263 Runtime Systems (F14)
- CS189A: Computer Science Undergraduate Capstone (W15)
- UCSB Computer Science Vice Chair of the Undergraduate Program
- UCSB Computer Science Committees: Chair - Undergraduate Curriculum Committee, Member - Undergraduate Affairs, Strategic Planning, and Computer Engineering Program
- General Chair for the 2016 ACM Conference on Programming Language Design and Implementation (PLDI) in beautiful Santa Barbara, CA!
- Advisory board member for the Huawei Distributed Computing Lab
- Associate Editor IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing (TCC)
- Associate Editor EAI Transactions on Cloud Systems
- Distinguished Review Board Member, ACM Transactions on Architecture and Code Optimization (TACO) June 2014 - May 2015
Key Awards and Recognition
Receiving BECA Award from Kathleen Fisher at PLDI08