- CS@UCSB is Among Top-10
- Dr. Stefano Tessaro joins CS faculty
- Dr. Huijia (Rachel) Lin to join CS faculty
On September 28, 2010, the National Research Council (NRC) released its ranking of PhD programs across the nation. The survey evaluates over 5,000 PhD programs in 62 fields and 212 universities in the United States.
These scores puts the Department of Computer Science within the top 10 of the Nation's PhD programs in Computer Science. (and more)
Our computer science department encompasses a dynamic environment for research, a state-of-the-art teaching program, and a first-class faculty. Our degree programs help students become outstanding professionals, prepared to impact all manner of modern society through the application of cutting edge information technology. Our graduates work in a spectrum of settings, from Fortune 500 companies to start-ups, as well as in government and universities. (and more)
The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering in the College of Engineering at the University of California at Santa Barbara is seeking applications for a tenure-track, assistant professor position in the field of Computer Engineering with a start date of Fall quarter, 2014. (and more)
- Best Paper Award at CogSIMA 2014
- Distinguished Lecture: Judea Pearl, UCLA
- Prof. Tobias Höllerer quotes in MIT Technology Review article on Augmented Reality
- Prof. Giovanni Vigna on NPR’s All Tech Considered
- UCSB GradPost profiles PhD student Lara Deek
- UCSB CS alum Viral Shah’s Circuitscape software receives award from The Wildlife Society
- UCSB CS alumna Lamia Youseff featured in IEEE magazine
- World’s largest computer hacking contest happening at UCSB
- UCSB CS alum Gustavo Alonso named IEEE Fellow
- Profs. El Abbadi, Almeroth, and Belding become IEEE Fellows!
- CS Alumni head up team from Eucalyptus Systems to win 2013 Netflix Prize
- More news and awards.