Don't worry, you don't have to read all these papers. These are all of the papers that have been taught in CS276 in the last 6 or 7 years. Look for the references in the lecture schedule for which papers to read when.
- [ABD+09] Bhavish Aggarwal, Ranjita Bhagwan, Tathagata Das, Siddharth Eswaran, Venkata N. Padmanabhan, Geoffrey M. Voelker, "NetPrints: Diagnosing Home Network Misconfigurations Using Shared Knowledge", Proc. USENIX Symposium on Networked System Design and Implementation (NSDI), May 2009.
- [ACK+05] T. Anderson, A. Collins, A. Krishnamurthy and J. Zahorjan, "PCP: Efficient Endpoint Congestion Control", Proc. USENIX Symposium on Networked System Design and Implementation (NSDI), May 2005.
- [AFK+09] David G. Andersen, Jason Franklin, Michael Kaminsky, Amar Phanishayee, Lawrence Tan, Vijay Vasudevan, "FAWN: A Fast Array of Wimpy Nodes", Proc. of ACM Symposium on Operating System Principles (SOSP), October 2009.
- [AL+06] Ian F. Akyildiz, Won-Yeol Lee, Mehmet C. Vuran, Shantidev Mohanty, "NeXt Generation / Dynamic Spectrum Access / Cognitive Radio Wireless Networks: A Survey", Computer Networks Journal, 50 (2006), pgs. 2127-2159.
- [ALV08] M. Al-Fares, A. Loukissas, A. Vahdat, " A Scalable, Commodity Data Center Network Architecture", Proc. of SIGCOMM 2008.
- [BCD+97] A. Brodnik, S. Carlsson, M. Degermark, and S. Pink, "Small Forwarding Tables for Fast Routing Lookups", ACM SIGCOMM 1997. Pages 3-14.
- [BGF+10] Peter Bodik, Moises Goldszmidt, Armando Fox, Dawn B. Woodard, and Hans Andersen, "Fingerprinting the datacenter: automated classification of performance crises," ACM EuroSys 2010.
- [CJ89] D.-M. Chiu and R. Jain, "Analysis of the Increase and Decrease Algorithms for Congestion Avoidance in Computer Networks", Computer Networks and ISDN Systems, Vol. 17, 1989, pp. 1-14.
- [CJS+10] J. Choi, M. Jain, K. Srinivasan, P. Levis, S. Katti, "Achieving Single Channel, Full Duplex Wireless Communication," ACM MOBICOM, 2010.
- [CK74] V.G. Cerf and R.E. Kahn, "A Protocol for Packet Network Interconnection", IEEE Transaction on Communications, 22(5), May 1974, pp. 637-648.
- [Cla88] D. Clark, "The Design Philosophy of the DARPA Internet Protocols", SIGCOMM, 106-114, Palo Alto, CA, Sept 1988.
D. Clark, J. Wroclawski, K. Sollins and R. Braden, "Tussle in
Cyberspace: Defining Tomorrow's Internet," SIGCOMM 2002.
- [DCK+04] F. Dabek, R. Cox, F. Kaashoek and R. Morris, "Vivaldi: A Decentralized Network Coordinate System," SIGCOMM 2004.
- [DKS89] A. Demers, S. Keshav, and S. Shenker, "Analysis and Simulation of a Fair Queueing Algorithm", Proceedings of ACM SIGCOMM'89, pp 3-12.
- [DH+07] G. DeCandia, D. Hastorun, M. Jampani, G. Kakulapati, A. Lakshman, A. Pilchin, S. Sivasubramanian, P. Vosshall and W. Vogels, "Dynamo: Amazon's Highly Available Key-Value Store", Proceedings of SOSP 2007.
- [DZD03] F. Dabek, B. Y. Zhao, P.
Druschel, J. D. Kubiatowicz and I. Stoica, "Towards a Common API for Structured P2P
Overlays", Proc. of IPTPS, Berkeley, CA, February 2003.
- [FJ93] S. Floyd and V. Jacobson, "Random Early Detection gateways for Congestion Avoidance" IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, 1(4):397-413 August 1993.
- [GK08] S. Gollakota and D. Katabi, "Zigzag decoding: combating hidden terminals in wireless networks", Proc. of SIGCOMM 2008
- [GM+04] K. P. Gummadi, H. V. Madhyastha, S. D. Gribble, H. M. Levy, and D. Wetherall, "Improving the Reliability of Internet Paths with One-hop Source Routing", Proc. of OSDI 2004.
- [GY+06] Diwaker Gupta, Kenneth Yocum, Marvin McNett, Alex C. Snoeren, Amin Vahdat, and Geoffrey M. Voelker, "To Infinity and Beyond: Time-Warped Network Emulation", Proc. of NSDI 2006.
- [GSW02] T. G. Griffin, F. B. Shepherd and G. Wilfong, "The Stable Paths Problem and Interdomain Routing", IEEE Transactions on Networking, April 2002.
- [HJP+10] Sangjin Han, Keon Jang, KyoungSoo Park, and Sue Moon, "PacketShader: a GPU-Accelerated Software Router", Proc. of SIGCOMM 2010.
- [HKP+11] D. Halperin, S.
Kandula, J. Padhye, V. Bahl, and D. Wetherall, "Augmenting Data Center
Networks with Multi-gigabit Wireless Links," Proc. of SIGCOMM 2011.
- [IGE00] C.
Intanagonwiwat, R. Govindan
and D. Estrin, "Directed diffusion: A scalable and robust communication paradigm for
sensor networks," Proc. of MobiCom 2000.
- [Jac88] V. Jacobson, "Congestion Avoidance and Control", SIGCOMM '88, Sept. 1988, pp. 314-329.
- [Joh95] D. Johnson, "Scalable Support for Transparent Mobile Host Internetworking", in Mobile Computing, Wireless Networks, Vol 1, October 1995, pp. 311-321.
- [KHR02] D. Katabi, M. Handley, C. Rohr, "Congestion Control for High Bandwidth-Delay Product Networks". SIGCOMM, 2002.
- [KPG+14] B. Kellogg, A. Parks, S. Gollakota, J. R. Smith, D. Wetherall, "Wi-Fi Backscatter: Internet Connectivity for RF-Powered Devices". SIGCOMM, 2014.
- [KR+06]Sachin Katti, Hariharan Rahul, Wenjun Hu, Dina Katabi, Muriel Medard, Jon Crowcroft, "XORs in The Air: Practical Wireless Network Coding". SIGCOMM, 2006.
- [LAA+01] Craig Labovitz, Abha Ahuja, Abhijit Bose, Farnam Jahanian, "Delayed Internet Routing Convergence", IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, Vol. 9, No. 3 (April 2001), Pages 293-306.
- [LPC+04] P. Levis, N. Patel, D. Culler and S. Shenker, "Trickle: A Self-Regulating Algorithm for Code propagation and Maintenance in Wireless Sensor Networks," Proc. of Symposium on Networked System Design and Implementation (NSDI), 2004.
- [MKF+06] Priya Mahadevan , Dmitri Krioukov, Kevin Fall, and Amin Vahdat. "Systematic Topology Analysis and Generation Using Degree Correlations". ACM SIGCOMM, September 2006.
- [MWA02] Ratul Mahajan, David Wetherall, Tom Anderson. "Understanding BGP Misconfiguration". ACM SIGCOMM, August 2002.
- [MVS01] D. Moore, G. M. Voelker, and S. Savage. "Inferring Internet Denial of Service Activity". USENIX Security, August 2001.
- [Pax96] V. Paxson, "End-to-End Routing Behavior in the Internet". ACM SIGCOMM '96, August 1996, Stanford, CA.
- [PCB+98] C. Partridge et. al., "A 50-Gb/s IP router", IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, Vol. 6, No. 3 (June 1998), Pages 237-248.
- [PF95] V. Paxson and S. Floyd, "Wide-Area Traffic: The Failure of Poisson Modeling", IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, 3(3): 226-244, 1995.
- [RD+07] Robert Ricci, Jonathon Duerig, Pramod Sanaga, Daniel Gebhardt, Mike Hibler, Kevin Atkinson, Junxing Zhang, Sneha Kasera, Jay Lepreau, "The Flexlab Approach to Realistic Evaluation of Networked Systems", Proc. of NSDI 2007.
- [REG+03] S. Rhea, P. Eaton, D. Geels, H. Weatherspoon, B. Y. Zhao, and J. D. Kubiatowicz, "Pond: The OceanStore Prototype", Proceedings of the USENIX Conference on File and Storage Technologies (FAST'03), March 2003.
- [SB00] A. Snoeren and H. Balakrishnan, "An End-to-End Approach to Host Mobility", Proc. ACM MOBICOM, Boston, MA, August 2000.
- [SC+05] L. Subramanian, M. Caesar, C. Tien Ee, M. Handley, Z. M. Mao, S. Shenker, I. Stoica, "HLP: A Next-generation Interdomain Routing Protocol", Proc. of SIGCOMM, 2005.
- [SEV+04]S. Singh, C. Estan, G.
Varghese and S. Savage, "Automated Worm Fingerprinting," Proc. of OSDI 2004.
- [SG04] A. Shaikh and A. Greenberg, "OSPF Monitoring: Architecture, Design and Deployment Experience", Proc. of Symposium on Networked System Design and Implementation (NSDI), March 2004.
- [SIG+02] A. Shaikh, C. Isett, A. Greenberg, M. Roughan and J. Gottlieb, "A Case Study of OSPF Behavior in a Large Enterprise Network. Proc. ACM SIGCOMM Internet Measurement Workshop (IMW), pp. 217-230, November 2002.
- [SMK+01] I. Stoica, R. Morris, D. Karger, M. Kaashoek, H. Balakrishnan, "Chord: A Scalable Peer-to-peer Lookup Service for Internet Applications," Proc. ACM SIGCOMM, August 2001.
- [SPW02] S. Staniford, V. Paxson and N. Weaver, "How to 0wn the Internet in Your Spare Time," Proc. of USENIX Security, 2002.
- [SRC84] J. Saltzer, D. Reed, and D. Clark, "End-to-end Arguments in System Design". ACM Transactions on Computer Systems (TOCS), Vol. 2, No. 4, 1984, pp. 195-206.
- [SWKA00] S. Savage, D. Wetherall, A. Karlin, and T. Anderson, "Practical Network Support for IP Traceback". ACM SIGCOMM, Stockholm, Sweden, August 2000.
- [SZ99] I. Stoica and H. Zhang, "Providing Guaranteed Services Without Per Flow Management". ACM SIGCOMM'99, Boston, MA, September 1999.
- [VYW+02] A. Vahdat, K. Yocum, K. Walsh, P. Mahadevan, D. Kostic, J. Chase and D. Becker, "Scalability and Accuracy in a Large-Scale Network Emulator," Proc. of OSDI 2002.
- [W99] D. Wetherall, "Active network vision and reality: lessons
from a capsule-based system," Proc. of SOSP 1999.
- [WA+04] M. K. Wright, M. Adler, B. N. Levine, C. Shields, "An
analysis of the degradation of anonymous protocols," Proc. of NDSS 2002.
- [WBKR11] C. Wilson, H. Ballani, T. Karagiannis, and A. Rowstron, "Better Never than Late: Meeting Deadlines in Datacenter Networks," Proc. of SIGCOMM, 2011.
- [XYA09] Yinglian Xie, Fang Yu, Martin Abadi,
"De-anonymizing the Intenet using unreliable IDs," Proc. of SIGCOMM 2009.
- [YHCZZ10] L. Yang, W. Hou, L. Cao, B. Y. Zhao and H.
Zheng, "Supporting Demanding Wireless Applications with Frequency-agile Radios," Proc. of NSDI
- [YKG+06] H. Yu, M. Kaminsky, P. B. Gibbons, A.
Flaxman, "SybilGuard: Defending Against Sybil Attacks
via Social Networks," Proc. of SIGCOMM 2006.
- [YKL04] F. Yu, R. H. Katz, and T. V. Lakshman, "Gigabit rate
packet pattern-matching using TCAM," Proc. of ICNP 2004.
- [ZDE+93] L. Zhang, S. Deering, D. Estrin, S. Shenker, and D. Zappala, "RSVP: A New Resource Reservation Protocol", IEEE Communications Magazine, 31(9):8-18, September 1993.
- [ZHS+04] B. Y. Zhao, L. Huang, J. Stribling, S. C. Rhea, A. D. Joseph and J. D. Kubiatowicz, "Tapestry: A Resilient Global-scale Overlay for Service Deployment", IEEE JSAC, 22(1), pp. 41-53.
- [ZMZ08] Ying Zhang, Z. Morley Mao, Ming Zhang, "Effective Diagnosis of Routing Disruptions from End Systems", Proc. of Symposium on Networked System Design and Implementation (NSDI), May 2008.
- [ZZZR05] L. Zhuang, F. Zhou, B. Y. Zhao and A. Rowstron, "Cashmere: Resilient Anonymous Routing", Proc. of Symposium on Networked System Design and Implementation (NSDI), May 2005.
- [ZZZZ15] Y. Zhu, Y. Zhu, B. Y. Zhao, H. Zheng, "Reusing 60GHz Radios for Mobile Radar Imaging", ACM MOBICOM, September 2015.
- [ZZZ+12] Xia Zhou, Zengbin Zhang, Yibo Zhu, Yubo Li, Saipriya Kumar, Amin Vahdat, Ben Y. Zhao and Haitao Zheng, "Mirror Mirror on the Ceiling: Flexible Wireless Links for Data Centers", Proceedings of ACM SIGCOMM, August 2012.
- [ZZZ+14] Y. Zhu, X. Zhou, Z. Zhang, L. Zhou, A. Vahdat, B. Y. Zhao, H. Zheng, "Cutting the Cord: A Robust Wireless Facilities Network for Data Centers", ACM MOBICOM, September 2014.