CS-130A: Data Structures and Algorithms I
- Instructor: Prof. Subhash Suri (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Office: Engr I, Rm. 2111
- Class: Tu-Th 11:00 - 12:15 (PHELP 1160)
- Office Hours: Mon 11-12 or by appointment.
Teaching Assistant and Grader
- Bing Wei (Email: email@example.com)
Discussion, Mon 12:00---12:50 (GIRV 2123) and 2:00--2:50 (Trailer 479, 1215).
TA hours: 4-6 PM, Wednesday in Phelps TA office.
- Shashank Hegde (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The Course Schedule appears
- The main textbook for the course is
Data Structures and Algorithm Analysis in C++,
by Mark Allen Weiss.
- My lectures will only roughly follow the style and content
of this book. Instead, I use my own notes that
draw upon several other books and original research
papers for specific algorithms and data structures.
- It is, therefore, imperative that you attend all lectures
because you will not find in the textbook many ideas and
details discussed in class.
- A rough sketch (including only the text, but not figures and
examples) of my lecture notes is provided in the links below.
However, I emphasize that unless you personally attend the
lectures, these notes will not prove very helpful.
- 1. Programming Assignment #1
*DEADLINE: 11:59 PM, Feb 8 *
- 2. Programming Assignment #2
*DEADLINE: 11:59 PM, March 1 *
The Final Grade!
- The final grade will be composed of homework exercises, programming
assignments, and in-class exams.
- The homework exercises will account for 30% of the grade,
the programming assignment for 30%, and the exams for 40%.