- CS@UCSB is Among Top-10
- Dr. Huijia (Rachel) Lin to join CS faculty
- Dr. Stefano Tessaro joins CS faculty
On September 28, 2010, the National Research Council (NRC) released its ranking of PhD programs across the nation. The survey evaluates over 5,000 PhD programs in 62 fields and 212 universities in the United States.
These scores puts the Department of Computer Science within the top 10 of the Nation's PhD programs in Computer Science. (and more)
Our computer science department encompasses a dynamic environment for research, a state-of-the-art teaching program, and a first-class faculty. Our degree programs help students become outstanding professionals, prepared to impact all manner of modern society through the application of cutting edge information technology. Our graduates work in a spectrum of settings, from Fortune 500 companies to start-ups, as well as in government and universities. (and more)
The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering in the College of Engineering at the University of California at Santa Barbara is seeking applications for a tenure-track, assistant professor position in the field of Computer Engineering with a start date of Fall quarter, 2014. (and more)
- Prof. Yang honored by International Conference on Supercomputing
- UCSB grad Dr. Xia Zhou – Dartmouth’s Newest Networker Pursues Smartphone Stamina
- Prof. Turk comments in Wired article
- Ben Hardekopf receives NSF CAREER award
- Fall 2013 Outstanding TA Awards
- Bitcoin or Bust?
- Best Paper Award at CogSIMA 2014
- Distinguished Lecture: Judea Pearl, UCLA
- Prof. Tobias Höllerer quotes in MIT Technology Review article on Augmented Reality
- Prof. Giovanni Vigna on NPR’s All Tech Considered
- UCSB GradPost profiles PhD student Lara Deek
- More news and awards.